Community Outreach & Mission
Hart's United Methodist Church has a history of reaching out to our community in terms of service. We are a small, but compassionate congregation, serving others. Below are a few examples of how we’re ministering to the residents of Cecil County.
- Stop & Chat - The 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month we get together to just stop and chat. Its a chance to get to know and connect with each other. Often, while chatting we will make small gifts for residents of Caraway Manor.
- In December we adopt a family to provide Christmas food and gifts for the holidays
- We also support many local organizations such as:
The General Conference of the United Methodist Church created six unique “Special Sundays,” opportunities for congregations to participate through monetary gifts in working with communities, rebuilding shattered lives, strengthening self-sufficiency, encouraging partnerships, nurturing Native American ministries, modeling peace and justice, providing scholarships and loans for United Methodist students, and much more. Hart's contributes to each of these Special Sundays:
- Human Relations Day: Together, we extend a helping hand to those in crisis so they can overcome formidable obstacles. (January)
- One Great Hour of Sharing: Together, we reach children, families and communities who have experienced devastation in the wake of disaster. (March)
- Native American Ministries Sunday: Together, we empower local spiritual development and educate Native American seminary students to serve God faithfully. (April)
- Peace with Justice: Together, we spread the gospel of peace and encourage cooperation locally, in the United States and globally. (May)
- World Communion Sunday: Together, we enable national and international graduate students to change the world. (October)
- United Methodist Student Day: Together, we educate students so they can make a difference in the world. (November)